Health Care Resolutions
We are committed to providing you and your family with the best possible health care. Helping you understand the referral process and your financial responsibility is part of our duty in providing your health care.
Our health benefits advisor can provide information and assistance to:
- Active Duty members, retirees, and family members about various programs and services and explanation of benefits
- Individuals transitioning to the TRICARE for Life Program.
Resolving Your Medical Bills
Just a few tips to help you get that bill paid!
- Call ahead to ensure the office bills TRICARE - Have you called the doctor's office or the clinic where the services were performed to ask if they billed TRICARE? It should show up on the bill when TRICARE pays.
- Get prior authorization - TRICARE requires prior authorization for all care outside of your Primary Care Physician's office. The authorization letter from TRICARE states specifically who you can see and for what date range. Did the visit require prior authorization; did you get a referral from your Primary Care Physician?
- Check the billing information - Is the bill in the wrong name? Did they use the DoD number instead of the Sponsor's social security number? Is the date of birth correct? Is the date of service correct?
Many times you will resolve your own bill when you have answers to the above questions. If there are still problems after taking the above steps, our Health Benefits Advisor can help you. Be sure to bring all pertinent information to help resolve your bill.
Did You Know?
Many of your billing issues can be resolved by contacting HUMANA Military! Prior to visiting the health benefits advisor, try reaching out to HUMANA to assist you in resolving some of the most common billing issues. Call 1-800-444-5445.